Thank you to everyone who tuned in via Zoom or Facebook Live for our 2019/20 Awards Night.
While it was certainly a different occasion to what we are used to, we hope you enjoyed the night and thank everyone involved in putting it together. Special mentions here to usual suspects Michael Findlay, Liz Williamson and Ross Hepburn for their efforts.
If you missed it, you can still view the recording on our Facebook page here. Or you can see a full list of award winners below.
We were also thrilled to have a number of award winners at the Victoria Premier Cricket Awards night. Congratulations to:
- Our 4th XI Premiers; Mark Boraston, Dylan Vanderwert, Hamish MacCorquodale, Mahdee Islam, Daud Malik, Bhavia Bhatia, Shishir Kulkarni, Mason Warne, Sen Satyajith, Harkirat Bajwa, Matt Langley, Boopa Munasinghe, Cody Miller, Josh Sawrey, Dylan Hayes, Toby Wills, Corey Marshall, Hivin Singappulige, Aiden McKenna, Raheel Bostan, Angus Newman, Tom Bain, Mitchell Shirt, Trishane DeSilva,
- Kim Garth, James Nanopoulos and Suraj Randiv on being named in their respective Team of the Season,
- James Nanopoulos for a narrow second place in the Ryder Medal,
- Kelly Applebee for receiving the Sue Woolcock Award (WP2 One Day Player of the Year named after another Dandenong Life Member),
- and of course to Kim Garth on being the fifth Dandenong player to be awarded the Una Paisley Medal and doing so with only nine games for the season.
You can read more and view the interview with Kim and joint winner Bhavisha Devchand here. You can also view the Premier Cricket Awards booklet with a full list of winners and votes here.
Special mention as usual to our sponsors who ensure we can do what we do. Check out our Sponsors page for a full list and contact details and please support them when and where you can.
Special achievements for the year
1XI - Brett Forsyth - Rd.15 -v- St Kilda - 126
1XI - Tom Donnell - Rd. 13 -v- Monash Tigers - 141 n/o
4XI - Cody Miller - Rd 10 -v- Ringwood - 112
4XI - Mark Boraston - S/F -v- Geelong - 108
4XI - Daud Malik - Rd. 2 -v- Footscray - 106
W1XI - Kim Garth - Rd 13 -v- Prahran - 132 n/o
W2XI - Kelly Applebee - Rd 4 -v- Box Hill - 103 n/o
1XI - James Nanopoulos - Rd 5 -v- Geelong - 7/43
1XI - James Nanopoulos - Rd 12 -v Greenvale - 9/26
2XI - Akshat Buch - Rd. 8 -v- Kingston Hawthorn - 6/61
2XI - Lochlan Scott - Rd. 7 -v- Carlton 5/66
3XI - Dasun Opanayaka - Rd. 14 -v- St Kilda - 5/80
3XI - Liam Sheehan - Rd 15 -v- Melbourne - 5.29
4XI - Matt Langley - Rd. 7 -v- Kingston Hawthorn - 6/30
4XI - Matt Langley - S/F -v- Geelong - 5/38
4XI - Mason Warne - Rd. 3 -v- Geelong - 6/31
The night was also an opportunity to acknowledge some off-field contributions:
- Emma Gallagher was presented with her life membership.
- Nick Speak was recognised for his contribution to the club over the last four years which included a First XI Premiership, White Ball title and the inaugural Victorian Super Slam crown among other achievements. Nick has accepted a role with Geelong CC for next season and we wish him all the best.
- Mark Boraston was thanked for his power of work with our Men's third and fourth XIs in recent years that culminated in the Fourth XI premiership this year. This, of course, is just the most recent in a long commitment to the club from Mark that have seen him receive life membership at DCC.
- Paul Boraston was also thanked for his long-standing contribution to the club and in particular his most recent efforts as Assistant Coach for our Men's XIs. In particular, Paul took the reins for our Super Slam successes and was heavily involved in the First XI Premiership and White Ball title. Paul is also a life member of the club and he and Mark will always be welcome at Shepley while we wish them all the best at Frankston.